Ruins of the Zlenice castle – situated south from Senohraby on the headland where Sázava and Mnichovka rivers meet. The castle was established around 1300 and its ruins became Lada’s favourite theme – a place where his water sprite liked to puff from his pipe
The birthplace and lifelong inspiration of the Czech painter and writer Josef Lada, established around 1200. For more information see www.obec-hrusice.cz
- Josef Lada memorial - the memorial houses a permanent exhibition of the work of Josef Lada and his daughter Alena Ladová.
Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
Open Wednesday to Sunday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Tel.:323 65 52 04
- An exhibition of models created by A. Jedlička- Modelle von Hrusicer Häusern und Figuren aus Ladas Schaffen, die Ausstellung befindet sich im Gebäude des Gemeindeamtes.
Open on Saturdays and Sundays 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Tel.: 323 65 53 26
Mr. and Mrs. Oliva established this institution in Říčany in 1890 as a home for neglected children. It is now used as a sanatorium for children suffering from respiratory diseases.
Ondřejov observatory – the observatory established in 1898 by Josef Frič currently houses the Astronomical Institute of the Academy of Sciences CR. The art-nouveau observatories have been transformed into museums and the new observatory boasts one of the largest telescopes in Europe. The observatories are surrounded by a park with many valuable tree species. Guided tours are available. .
For more information see http://www.asu.cas.cz/
- Open from May to September on Saturdays and Sundays.
Tours start at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
Tel.: 323 64 92 01
Velké Popovice brewery
The brewery was established in 1874 and its historical section is protected national heritage. The brewery keeps a live talisman – a black billy goat.
- To arrange an excursion of the brewery call +420 323 683 425, or
Ringhoffer family crypt
Ringhoffer family crypt with a statue of the crucified Jesus by J. V. Myslbek – a valuable architectural monument and a reminder of the family that greatly influenced the economic development of the region in the 19th century. Besides other achievements, Baron Ringhoffer established the brewery in Velké Popovice.
The lavish gothic royal-type castle, built at the end of the 13th century by the chamberlain of the Czech Kingdom, Lord Ondřej from Říčany, has all but disappeared and only castle ruins can be seen today. The castle was under siege by Jan Žižka’s troops in 1420. It was not restored after the Thirty Years War.
Lensedly heritage village zone
The heritage village zone is a complex of original timbered rural buildings with a campanile and ancient linden trees in the square. The access to Lensedly is from Turkovice.
The chateau was built in a place where a fortress from the 13th century once stood. In the 18th century, Prague bishops frequently stayed in the manor in Kamenice and had it rebuilt into a chateau. Ringhoffer family owned the chateau from 1860. The appearance of the chateau changed yet again in the reconstruction during 1875 - 1880 in the English neo-gothic style. A chapel dedicated to St. Francis, Our Seraphic Father from the 14th century is located in the park. The chapel was reconstructed in 1898 according to a design by the architect J. Stibral. Saturday service is held in the chapel. Apart from the chapel, the chateau premises are not open to public.
the baroque chateau with a court of honour and a two-flight staircase, vases and statues created by M. Braun was transformed into a hotel and was the first establishment in the Czech Republic to become a member of the Association of European Castle Hotels and Restaurants. The chateau is surrounded by a beautiful English-style park used partially as a golf course.